Friday, January 18, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Daryl Bean. I am a senior at Michigan State University and I am an elementary education major with a focus in language arts. Along with being a student I babysit a family of two boys ages four and three. I am also a student-athlete tutor for student-athletes at Michigan State University. The past four summers I have worked at a daycare through Walled Lake Consolidated Schools called Prime Time Summer Care. 
I am interested in diverse literature for children because I enjoy broadening my perspective. It is very interesting to me to learn about people and cultures other than my own. I also recognize the benefits authentic, quality diverse literature can provide to students. Lastly, I am interested in learning how to incorporate and discuss different forms of diverse literature in a classroom in an authentic, genuine, enriching, and inoffensive way. 

No comments: